Saturday, February 16, 2008

Unreal

Originally posted at http://everybodylovesklaus.blogspot.com/2008/02/unreal.html:

Dear Klaus,

Part of me understood the tragic news I heard this week. But most of me refused to acknowledge it. How could this be real? My memories of you are still so sharp and vivid in my mind. Your infectious smile and laugh, your boundless energy and enthusiasm for life, and your genuine care and concern for friends. I can still hear your voice so clearly.

I am so very sorry I was not able to make it to your memorial service today, as I am out in California. It only reinforces the pain I feel on other missed opportunities for hanging out with you. We still haven't had the chance to get together, for you to show me things on the guitar, and for me to show you things in WingTsun.

I was looking through old emails we exchanged and a passage you wrote stood out:
"the enlightment was like a flash, I was training with Paul and suddenly I was not in my body, for a split second, dejavus like, understanding a lot more just intuitively. Hard to say in words actually."

I feel an out of body experience as well, about this reality which I do not want to accept. It likewise is hard to describe in words, and I am very incapable of understanding it intuitively. But even after leaving us, you have helped me with the first WingTsun principal of moving forward. I imagine what you would do in this situation--you would certainly do your best to raise the spirits of those around you while cherishing the memories of what has been lost. So with bittersweet emotions, I allow myself to be swayed by the thoughts of your positive energy and charming voice, urging me to accept what has passed and that things will be okay. I will do my best to oblige, dear friend, but I cannot make a promise of it.

"Dan-Man"

No comments: